Some Favorites from the SF Moma April 2017

 
 Lee Krasner
 Adolph Gottlieb
 Philip Guston
 Cy Twombly
 Agnes Martin
 Even a peek outside the SF Moma could inspire a painting or sculpture or...
 Anselm Kiefer
 
 Kees van Dongen
 Paul Klee at Play
 
 I squealed when I saw Klee's puppets!
 Frida Kahlo
 
 Marcel Duchamp
 Jay DeFeo
 Joan Mitchell
 Robert Rauschenberg
  John Cage
 Jasper Johns
 Eva Hesse
 Ruth Asawa
 Geta Brătescu
 David Park
 Elmer Bischoff
 Alice Neel
 Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
 Victor Man
Katharina Wulff - Greene Naftali
Njideka Akunyili Crosby
 Manuel Neri
 Tiffany Chung
 Francis Alÿs
 Shahzia Sikander
 Raymond Pettibon
 Corita Kent
 
 Enrique Chagoya

On Sunday, April 2nd, I visited SF Moma just to see the Matisse Diebenkorn exhibit. I strongly recommend buying your tickets in advance to Matisse Diebenkorn as it has sold out every day since it opened. I got there first thing and it quickly filled up. I am working on a separate post about my experience seeing Matisse Diebenkorn at SFMoma. I hope to have that posted soon.

After about an hour with Henri and Richard (and after seeing each painting several times often having to wait until someone else wasn't ogling it first), I left the exhibit. There were lots of other art that I was eager to see and I had very limited time to do it in.

In two hours, I was able to see A LOT of art. I saw the entire Matisse Diebenkorn in less than an hour and the above pieces in about 45 minutes (there are a few paintings missing that were too blurry. Rothko, I'm looking at you.) I adore museums. They feed me and fill me. However, it can get to the point where it feels overwhelming. I also had a long drive to Portland ahead of me. I left eager, inspired and yearning to pick up my paint brush and scissors.

You can see more at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. 

As I make my summer travel teaching plans, I am planning some trips to see:

What am I missing?

Comments

Popular Posts