7 and 8th of July 2016 Journal Pages


Such a big gap between these pages and the previous two pages. When David went into the hospital, I wasn't able to do any art. There wasn't any space where I was and I was constantly having to move because of the nurses having to access David and everything that he was hooked up to. 

Like I did when I was little, I still packed a little bag full of journal supplies and my journal, "just in case" that was within easy access. I filled the creative well by reading a (wonderful) book about Van Gogh called, "The Yellow House: Van Gogh, Gauguin and Nine Turbulent Weeks in Arles." When I wasn't trying to make David comfortable (which wasn't always easy) or making sure that his needs were met, I would dive into the book while he slept. Here's what I wrote about it last year. It helped to keep me sane and gave me something to think about during that week we were in the hospital. I'll write about what I'm reading at the moment tomorrow...

Journal Prompt:
Here's an idea for a journal page, when you were little, did you have something that you carried with you everywhere? I always had either a stuffed animal, doll, book or some kind of pencils/crayons and paper with me everywhere I went. When I got older, the dolls and stuffed animals were put on the shelf (I still have them) but I usually have my journal or a book with me. 

Comments

Popular Posts